Choosing a contractor is not always as simple as picking the lowest priced bid for the job. An apple to apples comparison is not easy to make. Quality of work as well as what’s included in the contract and what’s not vary from contractor to contractor.
There are many things you should consider:
- What kind of attention does the contractor exhibit in his work?
- Will be cut corners that may affect the integrity of the job?
- Will he use substandard or lower quality materials and products?
- Will he charge excessive rates for changes?
- Will he accommodate your house-hold needs during the construction process?
It is in your best interest as a home owner to be looking for the most value for your money…not necessarily the lowest priced bid for the job